Home > Community Life > Re-opening
COVID-19 Mass Directives - June 7, 2020
– inviting everyone's "patience and cooperation"!
The dispensation from the Sunday Mass obligation will continue for the foreseeable future. Cardinal Seán strongly encourages people in vulnerable populations, especially the elderly and those with complicating physical conditions, to continue to watch Mass from their homes on their parish's social media (Concord-Carlisle Catholic Community YouTube), or on CatholicTV.
Important: A reservation is required in order to attend Mass for as long a social distancing is in effect for houses of worship in Massachusetts. Reservations for Mass will be open from 10 am on Monday through 3 pm on Thursday prior to the weekend Mass you wish to attend. We ask that everyone read and follow the instructions outlined below for both registering for and attending Mass. If you have any difficulties or questions, please call the parish office between the hours of 10 am – 3 pm Monday-Friday. Those in vulnerable populations are highly encouraged to remain at home and watch Mass on CatholicTV or the streamed Mass offered on the parish's YouTube. We look forward to worshipping with you!
Click here to signup for Mass: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040549a5ac2ea2f58-june
- Please wash your hands before leaving home. There will be limited restroom facilities for use in the church (facilities in the lower church will not be available).
- Consider bringing a travel size container of hand sanitizer or
hand wipes with you.
- All members of the congregation need to wear masks, with the
- Children under the age of two should not wear
masks. Parents should judge for children
between the ages of two and five whether they
should wear a mask. All people who claim an
exemption because of health can forego wearing a
mask. They do not have to provide
- The priest and ministers do not need to wear masks
while i n the sanctuary and while maintaining strict
socially distancing. They will, however, wear masks
when assisting with the distribution of Holy
Entering the Church:
- Be prepared to maintain social distancing protocols of 6 ft
separation while entering, sitting, and exiting the church.
- Church doors will be open 15 minutes before Mass is
scheduled to begin.
- Enter St. Irene s Church for Mass from the main
entrance doors only.
- Enter St. Bernard s Church (Holy Family Parish) for
Mass from the parking lot side doors only.
- Ushers will be present to assist in seating. Seating is limited to
insure proper social distancing (6-ft apart in all directions).
Families and those living in the same household can sit
together. Some rows and areas will be blocked off as 6-ft
distancing is required.
- Collection baskets will be available at the entrance to the
church. However, we strongly encourage you to make
your offerings of financial support to the parish and its
mission using online platforms such as We Share "
(Holy Family) and E Giving (St. Irene) available on
the parish websites.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for a disposition of faith and peace to enter
into the Mass.
- Pray along with the Mass.
- There will be no processions, altar servers or congregational singing during the Mass.
- A bow or gesture should replace a handshake or other
physical signs of peace/greeting during the liturgy
Receiving Communion and Leaving the Church
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of Mass once
the priest and Communion Minister are in place.
Communion will be offered by means of the
Consecrated Host only.
- Ushers will provide assistance and directions for maintaining
social distancing protocols for those receiving Holy
- Some people may decide not to receive Holy Communion and
that decision is to be honored and respected.
- Communicants will receive the consecrated host in their hand,
step to the side, lower their mask, consume the host,
replace their mask, and leave the church. Gloves cannot be
worn while receiving Holy Communion.
- Please be mindful to not come into physical contact with the
priest or Communion Minister while receiving Holy
Communion. If contact is made, the priest/Communion
Minister will need to purify and sanitize their hands before
continuing to distribute Holy Communion.
- Please do not gather in the church entrance but continue to
maintain social distancing as you exit the building. Do not
congregate outside but head directly to your vehicle.
- Please exit promptly to allow volunteers to sanitize the
- We thank you
for your support and cooperation. Visit the websites of our parishes for information
about future Mass times.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Holy Family Parish, Concord at
St. Irene Parish Carlisle at
978 369 3940